- The rules are simple: no parents, no doctors, just teens…JUST FUN!
- “The Teen Room is a place where you meet people, you play and joke around. It’s a world away from the hospital, and time flies by here!”
- “Thank you 'Aladinos' for all the smiles you’ve given my son”
- In 2013 Aladina set up a Games Room at the Hospital Gregorio Marañón
- The Teen Room becomes a refuge for teenagers away from the younger kids’ activities and play areas
- The Play Room and Teen Room are places where kids and teenagers forget about their disease and have fun with the volunteers and other patients
- The Teen Room is a place where the teenagers forget about the disease and have fun with the volunteers and other kids
- The children play in this room and the parents have a chance for a rest.
Play and leisure are two essential elements for children and teens’ development, but they often disappear when a young patient is admitted to the hospital. At Aladina, we strive to create special spaces where kids and teenagers can play, have fun, and forget about their hospital routines and illnesses for a while.
- TEEN ROOM (Hospital Niño Jesús)
Adolescence is tough, especially when you’re dealing with an illness like cancer. At Aladina, we’re aware that our teenagers are very special individuals. That’s why we decided to create a unique space just for them – one that’s away from doctors and parents, and full of fun and laughter to help them get away from it all.
In the Teen Room at the Hospital Niño Jesús, teens have a special haven where they can disconnect from the rest of the world and spend their afternoons with friends and volunteers doing all kinds of workshops on stuff like photography, makeup, painting, fashion, and a thousand other fun things. The Teen Room is also fully equipped with the technology that teens love, including computers, TVs, and videogames.
The rules are very simple: “No parents, no doctors – just fun!”
Aladina supports and encourages the decision to treat teenagers at pediatric units. Research shows that teenagers suffering from cancer who are treated in pediatric units have up to a 30% increased likelihood of recovery than those who are treated in adult oncology units.
- PLAYROOM (Hospital Gregorio Marañón)
In 2013, we built a big playroom at the Hospital Gregorio Marañón to give admitted children and teenagers the chance to have fun outside of their rooms and disconnect from their hospital routine. Here, patients are able to enjoy workshops and activities, as well as the company of other children their own age.
It also allows parents to relax and spend some fun time with their children in a confortable space.
This project became a reality thanks to the generosity of Playskool (Hasbro group), who celebrated their 85th anniversary in a very special way by collaborating with Aladina.
- "Thank you for all the time, energy and love you put into looking after our children every day""Thank you for all the time, energy and love you put into looking after our children every day"See moreAraceli, Marcos's mother
- "The Teen Room is a place where we can meet people our age, play, tell jokes... it's a world apart, away..."The Teen Room is a place where we can meet people our age, play, tell jokes... it's a world apart, away from the hospital. Time flies by there, and it's also a break for our parents, who can go out to have a rest, knowing we are ok. It's the best you could ask for in a hospital"See moreAdrián D
- “The volunteers in the Teem Room are the most fun and cheerful people I have ever met, they have been...“The volunteers in the Teem Room are the most fun and cheerful people I have ever met, they have been like a second family to me”See moreAdrián Garcés, former patient