- Aladina provides economic aid to families with limited resources whose children are sick
- We help these families cover the costs of with wigs, wheelchairs, prostheses or other needs that may come up
- Each case is assessed individually by Aladina’s team and a social worker
- Very often special circumstances arise as a result of a child’s disease
Fundación Aladina is very aware of the importance of helping families with limited resources whose children need special assistance due to their illness.
For this reason, Aladina created the “Special Needs Fund” a few years ago, which finances the purchase of prostheses, wigs, wheelchairs, hearing aids, physical therapy sessions, funerals, and any other expenses incurred as a result of the child’s illness.
Unfortunately, cancer often affects families with limited means. Aladina wants to ensure that everything these families might otherwise struggle to pay for is covered.
Our psycho-oncologists and hospital directors evaluate each case along with with the hospital’s social services department in order to establish the most appropriate way to help each family.
- "As a result of her illness, Paula needs home physiotherapist visits several times a week, which would..."As a result of her illness, Paula needs home physiotherapist visits several times a week, which would be very hard on our tight budget. Luckily, the Aladina Foundation has helped us by assuming most of this physiotherapy cost, because it is vital for Paula. For that, and for all the kindness they have always shown us, we would like to thank this magnificent foundation from the bottom of our heart”See moreThe family of Paula Peinado, Meduloblastoma patient