Mothers’ Milk Bank ALADINA-MGU
- Breast milk is the best food choice for babies
- Aladina has reformed and expanded the previous Milk Bank
- Many altruistic mothers make this bank possible
- Paco Arango inaugurated the ALADINA MGU-Mothers' Milk Bank
- This Milk Bank will distribute breast milk to all the hospitals in the Comunidad de Madrid
- This has been funded 100% by the Fundación Aladina
- The Mothers’ Milk Bank distributes approximately 2000 liters (nearly 530 gallons) of milk every year
The Mothers’ Milk Bank project is one of our dearest ones. Thanks to Aladina’s collaboration, the center in the Hospital 12 de Octubre distributes breast milk to hundreds of premature and sick babies in the Comunidad de Madrid.
In 2014, with the incredible support of an anonymous donor with the initials “MGU,” the foundation undertook the reform and expansion of the old milk bank and turned it into a pioneering state-of-the-art center. The center’s aim is to meet the breast milk needs of all the public hospitals with neonatal units in the Madrid area. The new milk bank now guarantees the delivery of processed breast milk to the hospitals 12 de Octubre, De La Paz, Puerta de Hierro, and Severo Ochoa de Leganés.
The success of our milk bank wouldn’t be possible without the generosity of so many altruistic mothers. Your hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. Thank you!
- Would you like to donate?
Most breastfeeding mothers are eligible to donate milk.
- Get more information at:
Banco de Leche Hospital 12 de Octubre. Edificio Materno-Infantil (ground floor).
Tel: 913 908 011
Hours: 8h to 15h. No appointment required.
- “My son is now strong and healthy thanks to the milk bank and to all the mothers that extended a helping...“My son is now strong and healthy thanks to the milk bank and to all the mothers that extended a helping hand to other mothers by sharing what babies need the most of. Thank you from the bottom of my heart”See moreMother of Iker, born at 28 weeks
- “I’ve donated milk for eight months and I can truthfully say that it has been a wonderful experience....“I’ve donated milk for eight months and I can truthfully say that it has been a wonderful experience. As mothers, we posses liquid gold inside of us, which happens to be the best medicine that can be given to a newborn”See moreNieves, mother and milk donor