In addition to the centers where we work every day, we also work with other hospitals to improve the quality of life for children with cancer.
- At the Hospital Universitario in Alicante we debuted newly-decorated Surgery and Oncology areas for the pediatric wing in July 2016. To make this project happen, we counted on the support of the Fine Arts Department at Elche University. They were in charge of decorating the two areas and transforming them into fun spaces, with dinosaurs and giraffes sharing space with touches that would remind the children of their own homes, just like they asked for.
- At the Hospital de El Escorial (Madrid), we created a new breastfeeding room to improve the quality of life for the mothers that use the center. The new space has everything the babies and mothers need to feel comfortable – cribs, changing tables, chairs, and a washroom.
- At the Hospital Universitario la Arrixaca in Murcia we’re going to redecorate the children’s Oncology wing along with the College of Architects. We’ve picked the best design idea from a national contest.
- At the Hospital Universitario La Fe in Valencia we’ve donated 6 smart TVs for each of the rooms at the Transplant Unit for Pediatric Oncology.
- At the Hospital Quirónsalud in Pozuelo (Madrid), our volunteers go in on Wednesday and Thursday mornings.