Hospital Niño Jesús
- The Maktub Center is the foundation’s biggest projects to date
- Aladina built the enclosed terrace
- The foundation undertook the renewal of the theater at the Hospital Niño Jesus
- Refurbishment of the nurses’ rooms
- New terrace created by the foundation
Since its creation in 2005, Aladina has devoted the majority of its efforts to the Hospital Niño Jesús in Madrid, carrying out many projects to benefit children and teenagers suffering from cancer. Each year, Aladina helps more than 900 cancer-stricken families.
Our dearest and biggest project to date has been the Maktub Center at the Hospital Niño Jesús. With an investment of over 500,000 euros, Maktub is a pioneering center in the field of bone marrow transplants in Spain. In its first two years, the center has carried out more than 108 bone marrow transplants.
Additionally, we have accomplished:
- The creation of a Teen Room in the Pediatric Oncohematology Unit
- The enclosure of a 70 m2 terrace on the wing of the Pediatric Oncohematology Unit
- Free wi-fi installation in the Oncohematology Unit and in the ICU
- The refurbishment of the nurses’ resting areas in the Pediatric Oncohematology Unit and in the ICU
- The purchase of new furniture for the ICU and Pedtriatric Oncology waiting room
- The renovation of audiovisual equipment for the theater
- Several improvements in the Day Hospital