Portada » News » Our donation provides two month’s treatment to all Armenian children with cancer
Super news! We have made an important donation of $160,000 to the Armenian City of Smile Foundation, the organization that finances in the country the diagnosis, treatment and psychosocial supportof all the Armenian children and adolescents suffering from cancer– up to the age of 25 – and promotes oncohaematological research.
The Aladina donation will be entirely allocated to cover, for a two months period, the treatment costs of between 90 and 100 children and adolescents without resources who suffer from canceror hematological diseases. The number equivalent to the new annual diagnoses of pediatric cancer in the country.
About 100 new cases of childhood cancer are diagnosed in Armenia every year, 40% of them are registered in Yerevan (the capital) and the remaining 60% in peripheral regions, where the socioeconomic situation of the population is very precarious and the options of access to doctors, hospitals and treatments are further complicated. Currently in Armenia, the health system can only cover a small part of the cost of cancer treatments, around 70% of the total cost must be borne by the patient’s family; this, in a country where more than 30% of the population lives below the poverty line.
Aladina remains committed to collaborating with international organizations dedicated to the protection of childhood cancer patients in areas in serious emergency situations.
Little by little we go further!