Aladina makes an urgent donation of $500,000 to the Children's Cancer Center in Lebanon allowing children with cancer to receive the bone marrow transplant they need to survive.
Aladina has donated €5,000 to ALCII’s camps, a way to help children with cancer in Costa Rica to receive a "shot of life".
Paco Arango during his visit to FANLYC to find out more about their work with kids with cancer in Panama.
Casa de la Amistad’s work with children with cancer in Mexico is essential. Fundación Aladina is happy to support their work with a significant donation.
Anayeli, one of the children being helped at Casa de la Amistad (Mexico), shares her experiences there. Click on the image to watch the video.
Va por mi Cuenta provides a healthy meal a day for children without resources in Mexico.
ALADINA IN THE WORLD
After many years of hard work, we are proud to have become a foundation with an international reach. We contribute to projects that benefit children with cancer or in situations of extreme vulnerability all over the world.
We began working substantially with foundations all over the world in 2017 thanks to the films written, directed and produced by our President Paco Arango, whose proceeds went directly to benefit children in need.
Since then the magic and the helping hand provided by Aladina have traveled to Lebanon, Mexico, Colombia, Panama, El Salvador, Brazil, Costa Rica, Peru, Chile and Santo Domingo among other countries, in the shape of major donations to help improve the lives of thousands of children.
$500,000 donated to the Children´s Cancer Center!
Our biggest donation so far to an international project has been to the CCCL (Children’s Cancer Center Lebanon) in Beirut. We are immensely proud to be able to work with the CCCL, which is today the flagship hospital for the treatment of children and teenagers with cancer in the Middle East. With a cure rate of 80%, its activity is entirely dependent on private funding.
Following the devastating explosion in Beirut in August that caused some 150 deaths and more than 5,000 injured, as well as the political and economic collapse of the country, Fundación Aladina is contributing to the reconstruction of the Lebanese health system by donating $500,000 to the Children’s Cancer Center of Lebanon (CCCL), which will be used entirely for the resumption of the hospital’s Children’s Bone Marrow Transplant Program, which had been put on hold after the disaster.
Our contribution was made possible by a generous donation from our President, Paco, to revive the center’s bone marrow transplant program, which was suspended after the tragic explosion in Beirut in August 2020. This will give at least two children and teenagers a chance to survive.
- Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Panama.
Aid for sick children and their families.
In 2020 we are continuing to support numerous organizations which are doing wonderful work in Central America to improve the lives of children with cancer and other serious illnesses. Accordingly, ALCCI, Padre Vito Guarato, Fundación Cambia una Vida, and FANLYC have each received €5,000 from Aladina.
- Santo Domingo. Support for children with cancer
We have donated $25,000 to FACCI (“Friends Against Child Cancer Foundation”), which is doing magnificent work to help young fighters and their families.
Support for children with cancer
We have donated €40,000 to our friends at Fundación Sanar, a foundation which is doing extraordinary work to help children and teens with cancer in Colombia. This particular donation has been used to also help children and families from Venezuela whose children are sick and desperately need treatment and help. Their only hope is fleeing to the border where they rely on organizations such as Sanar to help them fund treatments and basic needs.
2018 – 2017
The second film made by Paco, our founder and president, is “Lo Que De Verdad Importa” (2017) [“The Healer”]. This is the first film ever to donate 100% of its proceeds to charities all over the world. The funds raised from it have enabled us to see at first hand the wonderful work of many organizations which have subsequently benefitted from donations from Aladina.
– Va x mi Cuenta charity kitchens (run by the Fundación ALSEA foundation). These kitchens provide a meal a day and a great deal of love and education for hundreds of vulnerable children and adolescents up to the age of 16.
– Casa de la Amistad [“Friendship House”] for children with cancer. This organization enables many young children fighting cancer to receive treatment in a beautiful setting filled with magic and love.
– Fundación Sanar. This foundation has a track record stretching back 31 years of support for children with cancer, covering diagnosis and all-round care of patients.
– Fundación Pies Descalzos. This foundation was set up as an NGO by the singer Shakira in 1997 to promote high-quality public education for vulnerable children in Colombia, but it also focuses on nutrition and promoting personal growth.
– Fundación Ellen Riegner de Casas. This foundation supports children and teenagers of limited means who suffer from cancer throughout the country.
– FANLYC (“Foundation of Friends of Children with Leukemia and Cancer”). The remit of this NGO is to ensure that no child with cancer has to stop treatment for lack of financial resources. To that end, it provides free chemotherapy on an outpatient basis as well as many other resources for the children and families. Their work is outstanding.
- El Salvador
– Hogar Padre Vito Guarato. This admirable institution is a home that provides lifelong care and protection for children abandoned by their parents because of their disabilities or illnesses. In a country where the government does not provide any kind of support for families with handicapped or seriously ill children, this foundation is essential to the lives of the most vulnerable collective.
– Fundación Ayúdame a Vivir. This foundation helps children with cancer throughout the process of treatment for the disease.
- Costa Rica
– ALCCI (“Association for the Fight against Child Cancer”). A wonderful foundation dedicated to helping children with cancer and their families, by providing integral support. Our contribution in this case went into their program for summer camps for children with cancer.
– Fundación AYUVI. This foundation provides high-quality services and treatment for pediatric cancer patients.
- Associação para Crianças e Adolescentes com Câncer (TUCCA): This association based in Sao Paulo, works in research, treatment and support for children with cancer throughout the process of their illness. They have a special focus and support palliative care.
- Núcleo de Apoio à Criança com Câncer: This foundation offers support to pediatric oncology units in the city of Recife by supporting children and their families throughout their treatment.
- Instituto Desiderata: This organization works to strengthen public policies in education and health in Rio de Janeiro, so that children and teens receive early diagnosis and excellence-based treatment for cancer.
- Hospital da Criança Santo Antônio: This hospital provides exclusive, all-round care for patients aged 18 and under. It has the specialists and technology needed to treat congenital illnesses that call for very complex, high-level actions.
- Hospital Pequeño Príncipe: This hospital specializes in diagnosing and treating pediatric patients. Children and teens are given all-round care to help them make a full recovery. A wonderful institution that treats all patients free of charge offering top notch specialists and technology.
- Hospital de Câncer de Campo Grande Alfredo Abrão: This hospital is a not-for-profit organization that provides diagnostic services (doctors’ appointments & examinations), treatment (surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, etc.) and rehabilitation (psychological care, phonoaudiology, physiotherapy and nutrition) for cancer patients.
- Grupo de Apoio à Criança com Câncer – Bahia (GACC-BA): This organization works to promote psychosocial, medical, and financial aid for children and teens with cancer, focusing mainly on families in need.