Aladina has donated €50,000 to ALCII’s camps, which will help tons of kids with cancer all over Costa Rica.
Paco Arango during his visit to FANLYC to find out more about their work with kids with cancer in Panama.
Casa de la Amistad’s work in Mexico is essential, and Paco decided to help them with a significant donation.
Anayeli, a resident at Casa de la Amistada (Mexico), shares her experiences, which speak for themselves. Click on the image to watch the video.
The cafeterias run by Va por mi Cuenta are fundamental for hundreds of Mexican families with limited resouces
We’re working on new international projects that have a very special place in our hearts. Thanks to the money raised from our president’s second movie, The Healer (Lo Que De Verdad Importa), the Fundación Aladina has been able to provide significant help to local nonprofits.
- FANLYC (Foundation of Friends of Children with Leukemia and Cancer): Aladina has donated €50,000 to the Panamanian foundation. Their aim is that no child with cancer goes without treatment for economic reasons. This NGO makes it easier with free mobile chemotherapy.
- ALCII (Association for the Fight Against Childhood Cancer): This Costa Rican NGO has received a donation of €50,000 for their summer camp program. This year, 84 children with cancer enjoyed a real boost in their quality of life at their camps.
- SANAR Foundation: The Colombian foundation has 31 years of experience helping children with cancer with their diagnoses and their entire treatment process. Thanks to the movie, Aladina donated €50,000 to their foundation.
- Pies Descalzos Foundation: The singer Shakira founded this NGO in 1997 to promote quality public education for children in vulnerable situations in Colombia. It also pays special attention to nutrition and promoting personal growth. In total, it received a donation of €30,000.
- Ellen Riegner de Casas Foundation: They support women, men, kids, and teens with cancer who have limited resources from around the entire country. Since its creation in 2003, they’ve helped 59,985 patients. The foundation received a €30,000 donation from Aladina.
Thanks to the money made from the box office for The Healer (Lo Que De Verdad Importa) in Mexico, Aladina has donated $600,000 to two social causes.
- Casa de la Amistad: For the past 26 years, this NGO has offered free treatment to kids and teens with cancer who don’t have many resources. They’ve helped more than 8,300 families who have faced the illness. The NGO offers housing, nutrition services, hospital transportation, food and clothing, as well as emotional and educational support, and more.
- Va por mi Cuenta: This organization ensures that children in food poverty in Mexico have access to good nutrition. They build and run cafeterias for kids, with assistance from their partner, Comedor Santa María. Va por mi Cuenta feeds 2,200 kids every day in their 6 cafeterias.
Each of these organizations have received a donation of €20,000.
- TUCCA (Association for Children and Adolescents with Cancer): This NGO works to help children and teenagers who are afflicted by cancer. They focus on funding research to revolutionize cancer treatments, as well as making the treatment process more enjoyable for their kids.
- NACC (Support Center for the Child with Cancer): This foundation funds treatment for children who are receiving services from Pediatric Oncology Units in the city of Recife, in addition to supporting children and their families for the duration of their treatment.
- Desiderata Institute: This organization works to strengthen public policies for education and health in the city of Rio de Janeiro, so that children and teens are able to obtain quality cancer treatment, precise diagnoses, and proper education about their condition.
- Santo Antônio Children’s Hospital: This children’s hospital exclusively treats children from 0 to 18 years. It is staffed with specialized physicians and advanced technology for the treatment of complex and high risk congenital disorders.
- Pequeno Príncipe Hospital: An integrated pediatric hospital that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment, where children and teens are offered the highest quality of care to ensure their complete recovery.
- Cancer Hospital of Campo Grande Alfredo Abrão: This hospital is a non-profit center for the diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients who have cancer.
- GACC – BA (Support Group for Children with Cancer – Bahia): This organization works to promote psychosocial, medical, and financial assistance for children with cancer, focusing on assistance for needy families.
We’ll keep you updated about our latest international projects that we’re working on thanks to the money raised from The Healer (Lo Que De Verdad Importa), which has been creating a charity craze all around the world. If you want to find out about the other good causes the movie is going to help, go to the movie’s official website HERE.
Our president’s first movie, Maktub, previously helped created the Maktub Center for bone marrow transplants at the Hospital Niño Jesús. It raised money all over Latin America, where it was released under the title “Cambio de Planes”, and allowed Fundación Aladina to work with three interesting, international projects: Casa de la Amistad (who we’re working with again this time around), the Californian Association for Childhood Cancer (Sudccai) and Mi Gran Esperanza AC.