In addition to the centers where we work every day, we also work with other hospitals to improve the quality of life for children with cancer.
- At the Hospital Universitario del Henares (Coslada), we’ve decorated and furnished the nursing room. We’ve also filled the hallways that access the Neonatalogy Nursery Hospital and the Neonatal Hospital with light and color.
- At the Hospital Clínico San Carlos (Madrid), we’ve decorated the break room for parents at the pediatric ICU, adding furniture and small appliances. We’ve also added decorative panels to the hallways and waiting room at the pediatric ICU, as well as decorated and furnished the mourning area for the Neontal Unit.
- At the Hospital Universitario Severo Ochoa de Leganés (Madrid), we inaugurated the newly updated rest room for parents and breast milk donation area in the Neonatal unit in February 2017. Both were redecorated and new furniture added.
- At the Hospital Quirónsalud in Pozuelo (Madrid), our volunteers go in on Wednesday and Thursday mornings.
- At the Hospital de El Escorial (Madrid), we created a new breastfeeding room to improve the quality of life for the mothers that use the center. The new space has everything the babies and mothers need to feel comfortable – cribs, changing tables, chairs, and a washroom.
- At the Hospital Universitario in Alicante we debuted newly-decorated Surgery and Oncology areas for the pediatric wing in July 2016. To make this project happen, we counted on the support of the Fine Arts Department at Elche University. They were in charge of decorating the two areas and transforming them into fun spaces, with dinosaurs and giraffes sharing space with touches that would remind the children of their own homes, just like they asked for.
- At the Hospital Universitario La Fe in Valencia we’ve donated 6 smart TVs for each of the rooms at the Transplant Unit for Pediatric Oncology.
- We’re working on new projects at the Hospital Universitario Virgen de las Nieves in Granada; the Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío in Sevilla and the Hospital Universitario Central in Asturias.