Hospital Niño Jesús
The new Aladina ICU at the Hospital Niño Jesús has been fully up and running since December 14, 2016
Maktub is a pioneering center in the field of bone marrow transplants in Spain
The foundation undertook the renewal of the theater at the Hospital Niño Jesus
New terrace for the parents created by the foundation
Since its creation in 2005, Aladina has devoted the majority of its efforts to the Hospital Niño Jesús in Madrid, carrying out many projects to benefit children and teenagers suffering from cancer. Each year, Aladina helps more than 900 cancer-stricken families.
We’ve done a few different projects at this hospital, but the most significant project we’ve carried out to date is the new children’s ICU, which we debuted on December 14, 2016 after investing €1,500,000. The new Aladina ICU has natural light, the latest technology, and increased comfort for the families that find themselves in this critical situation.
Additionally, we have accomplished:
- The Maktub Center, with an investment of over 500,000 euros, is a pioneering center in the field of bone marrow transplants in Spain
- The creation of a Teen Room in the Pediatric Oncohematology Unit
- The enclosure of a 70 m2 terrace on the wing of the Pediatric Oncohematology Unit
- Free wi-fi installation in the Oncohematology Unit and in the ICU
- The refurbishment of the nurses’ resting areas in the Pediatric Oncohematology Unit and in the ICU
- The purchase of new furniture for the ICU and Pedtriatric Oncology waiting room
- The renovation of audiovisual equipment for the theater
- Several improvements in the Day Hospital